Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Western Pony Club Rating

I participated in my first Western Pony Club Rating last, last weekend. I first groomed Prima to perfection and cleaned her tack spotless the night before, which was a lot of work!

The next day, I groomed Prima super well again and checked over her tack. Our rating began. The examiner looked over Prima's tack and my dress to see if it was safe. She approved and I got on. 

Our riding portion consisted of basic walk, jog and lope. We did emergency dismounts and western pattern work. Prima was perfect through it all. 

At the end of the day, we passed!!! I can now say that I am a D2 HM/Flat/Western Pony Clubber. :) 

The examiner said that we both looked great together and that they had no critique on my riding. I was pleased with that of course! I am so proud of Prima for being great. I am looking forward to our next rating together. We'll be going for our D3!

1 comment: