Thursday, August 2, 2012

Engela and Kassian!

My search for a new lease began again. My instructor had two ponies in mind. There was Kass and Engela. Kassian (aka Kass) was a 14.2hh Lippizan/TB cross, although he just looks like an overweight Morgan! Engela was the roundest little Fjord pony. She stood at 14.2hh as well. I test rode them both.

 I rode Kass first. My instructor told me that his personality was similar to Prima's. He was very smart, pulled tricks on you, and was a very testy horse. It was one of the hardest rides yet! He would not go forward, was always slowing down, cutting corners and not paying attention. His tail swished a lot. By the end of the ride, the tail swishing had died down, and he was more sensitive to my leg. He was a very calm horse with great manners on the ground. His owner was training him in the Parelli method and he was not easily spooked. My instructor told me that it will take time for him to respect me, but when he does respect someone, he can collect nicely and move forward, and be a very nice dressage horse.


I then rode Engela. She was a little sassy mare, and would try to push you around at times. But, her respect was easier to obtain. After our warm up of her trying to pull me around the arena, I put her in her place, and she was a very easy ride. She had a tiny trot and a sproingy canter. She was so fun! I loved how unique she was. She had experience in jumping, driving, western and flatwork. She was also very calm and was just a sweet little girl.

I loved both horses so much! It was a hard choice. 
 

1 comment: